Creditable Years of Service
Complete Attendance not available before workshop starts.
"This workshop will address the state laws, rules, and practices on how years of service are considered for salary increment purposes as mandated by the Commissioner's Rules on Creditable Years of Service. Also, the following topics will be addressed during this workshop:
- Teacher service record and other required forms;
- Creditable years of service for classroom teachers, full-time librarians, full-time counselors, and full-time registered nurses;
- Various leave policies and transferability of leaves;
- Teacher aide experience;
- Procedures for verifying years of professional experience from outside the U.S.
- Substitute teaching experience;
- Military experience;
- The Retire/Rehire Program;
- Conference period;
- Duty free lunch; and
- Some other school district personnel issues as mandated by the Texas Education Agency, Texas Education and Government Code."
There is NO FEE for employees from a district/charter school that is a member of the Personnel Support Services (PSS) Coop. Fee for non coop district members: $175.00 each.
Human resource staff and other related staff that works with creditable years of service for salary purposes and service records.
Human Resources / Certification
Workshop Fee will be charged to those who fail to show for a workshop.
To avoid the charge, Staff Development contacts for this workshop must be notified in writing at least 3 business days prior to workshop date.
Cancellation must include name, workshop # and email address.