8th Grade Social Studies Teachers Planning and Sharing Meeting
Complete Attendance not available before workshop starts.
The Curriculum and Instruction Department will be having the planning and sharing sessions with all of our middle school teachers to include our Special Ed. Co-Teachers. As part of our Action Plan and to assist our campuses after our District Benchmark I, we would like to meet with our content area teachers to prepare for the next eight weeks in order to maximize our instructional focus before District Benchmark II. In these sessions we will be addressing the following points:
· Review our lowest Student Expectations per Content Area
· Share Best practices for TEKs specific teaching
· Differentiating for our sub-populations
· Targeted Intervention Plan (Did Not Meet, Approaches, Meets and Masters)
Teachers should come prepared to:
· Share ideas of effective teaching practices
· Their own success stories from District Benchmark I
Teachers will be collaborating with their fellow colleagues and we will be highlighting our successes at the Middle School Level as we get ready to enter our next eight weeks of Instruction together.
Workshop Fee will be charged to those who fail to show for a workshop.
To avoid the charge, Staff Development contacts for this workshop must be notified in writing at least 3 business days prior to workshop date.
Cancellation must include name, workshop # and email address.