McAllen ISD-Middle School ONLY - Independent Investigation Method
The Independent Investigation Method is a teacher/student friendly way to breeze through the research process. In this workshop, teachers will learn the foundation skills of research that will allow them to teach students to conduct independent research studies. Participants will acquire a set of skills to instruct students on the process of gathering, analyzing and sharing information.
Through this process students will learn that:
1. Research is a sequential process.
2. Research is used to answer questions.
3. There are many sources for information.
4. They must cite their sources using a standard format for their bibliography.
5. They need to put information in their own words (No Plagiarism).
6. Information must be organized for use in a product.
7. They should share what they have learned with an appropriate audience.
McAllen ISD - GT middle school teachers
Workshop Fee will be charged to those who fail to show for a workshop.
To avoid the charge, Staff Development contacts for this workshop must be notified in writing at least 3 business days prior to workshop date.
Cancellation must include name, workshop # and email address.