AI in the RLA Classroom
Complete Attendance not available before workshop starts.
Artificial intelligence (AI) tools like ChatGPT have opened exciting new possibilities for supporting student writing and creativity in the classroom. However, concerns about plagiarism and cheating are valid. In this hands-on workshop, we will explore strategies for utilizing AI as a teaching aid while fostering academic integrity.
Key topics include:
- Addressing challenges around AI, plagiarism, and cheating
- Establishing clear policies and expectations around proper AI use
- Using AI to generate writing prompts and source material to spark ideas
- Having students critically analyze AI-generated text to improve their writing skills
- Using AI feedback to help students catch grammar/style issues in early drafts
- Discussing ethical issues surrounding attribution and creativity with AI
In this workshop, you'll leave with concrete lesson plans and policies to implement AI as a useful tool – not a shortcut – on writing assignments. With thoughtful integration, AI can enhance writing instruction and create teachable moments around academic ethics. Participants will have opportunities to try out prompts and strategies in small groups. Let's work together to realize the promise of AI to authentically enhance writing skills and creativity.
Ethics in Education
*Employees of Region 7 ESC (FREE)
Digital Learning (FREE)
Workshop Fee will be charged to those who fail to show for a workshop.
To avoid the charge, Staff Development contacts for this workshop must be notified in writing at least 3 business days prior to workshop date.
Cancellation must include name, workshop # and email address.
The reservation date for this workshop does not match the
current active fiscal year code for the billing account selected.
Please review and confirm if a correction is needed.
Proceed with mismatch?