Complete Attendance not available before workshop starts.
Are you new to working with students and families experiencing homelessness? Has it been a while since you had McKinney-Vento training and you need an update on the most current information? Please join us for McKinney-Vento 101 training conducted by Texas Education for Homeless Children and Youth (TEHCY). This Zoom remote training will provide you:
- The key components of the McKinney-Vento law
- The educational definition of homelessness
- Roles and responsibilities of LEAs (Local Education Agencies) to support students experiencing homelessness
- Roles and responsibilities of the LEA McKinney-Vento liaison
- Key components of identification, enrollment, and access
- Explanation of the dispute resolution process.
Legal / Stat / Regulatory Req
Counselors / Social Workers
Federal Program Directors
Title III / Migrant Admin
TPESS 5d Policy implementation and advocacy
TTESS 1.3 Knowledge of Students
TTESS 4.4 School Community Involvement
*Region 7 Districts /Charters (FREE)
*Employees of Region 7 ESC (FREE)
Workshop Fee will be charged to those who fail to show for a workshop.
To avoid the charge, Staff Development contacts for this workshop must be notified in writing at least 3 business days prior to workshop date.
Cancellation must include name, workshop # and email address.