Texas Dyslexia Academy 3: Considerations for Emergent Bilingual Students
Complete Attendance not available before workshop starts.
Texas Dyslexia Academy 3: Considerations for Emergent Bilingual Students is the third of six training opportunities developed to assist school districts and charter schools regarding dyslexia and related disorders. In this course, participants will receive a general overview of the unique needs of emergent bilingual students within the dyslexia evaluation process. The objectives for this course are:
• Understand how The Dyslexia Handbook, 2021 Update addresses emergent bilingual students
• Understand the process of second language acquisition
• Learn about the benefits of bilingualism
• Explore the various types of alphabetic systems that exist around the world
• Understand data gathering and formal evaluation
• Explore instructional programming for emergent bilingual students
Special Ed Directors
*Region 7 Districts /Charters (FREE)
Workshop Fee will be charged to those who fail to show for a workshop.
To avoid the charge, Staff Development contacts for this workshop must be notified in writing at least 3 business days prior to workshop date.
Cancellation must include name, workshop # and email address.
The reservation date for this workshop does not match the
current active fiscal year code for the billing account selected.
Please review and confirm if a correction is needed.
Proceed with mismatch?